||April 2, 2020 • 6:00 PM
|Time to Completion
||Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician
Francisco Nelson Alvarado Meléndez, MD
ON DEMAND / online www.cfpr.org
Home study (Video Pre Grabado a Distancia)
ACPE Code: 0151-0000-20-002-H01-P/T
At the end of the CPE activity the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the benefit to patients and healthcare workers in adhering to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection prevention and control.
- Recognize non-specific disease findings that should prompt the evaluation of healthcare workers.
- List strategies for preventing transmission of pathogenic organisms (HIV, HCV, HBV, TB).
- Describe specific measures to prevent transmission of bloodborne pathogens from patient to patient, healthcare worker to patient, and the patient to the healthcare worker.
- Describe the circumstances that require the use of barriers and personal protective equipment to prevent patient or healthcare worker contact with potentially infectious material.
- Identify occupational health strategies for preventing transmission of bloodborne pathogens and other communicable diseases in healthcare workers.
- Recognize the pharmacist's responsibility to adhere to scientifically accepted infection prevention and control practices in all healthcare settings and the consequences of failing to comply.
- Describe and recognize novel virus coronavirus strain COVID19 and compare it with other viral infections. Know how aggressive it could be a viral infection if not identified.
Some content in program.
Some content in instructor.